Moscow, 1 April 2015. SIBUR has appointed Alexey Kozlov, former Head of the Department of Social Development of the Government of the Russian Federation, to the Management Board of SIBUR as Managing Director for Business Administration. In this role he will oversee SIBUR's Legal Support, Government Relations, Corporate Communications, Administrative Support and Business Support Centre.
On 23 March 2015, SIBUR's Board of Directors accepted the resignation of Kirill Shamalov, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, in view of his election to the Board of Directors. The Board has also approved the appointment of Alexey Kozlov to the Management Board.
Dmitry Konov, CEO of SIBUR, said: "Kirill Shamalov has worked successfully to establish SIBUR’s effective business administration framework, comprising GR, PR, legal support and corporate executive bodies. We are convinced that he will continue to contribute significantly to the Company's development in his new position on the Board of Directors.”
“We are delighted with the appointment of Alexey Kozlov to our team. His unrivalled experience in senior administrative positions will be a real asset to the Company as we develop further in this area".
Notes to editors:
Alexey Kozlov’s biography:
- December 2012: Appointed Head of the Department of Social Development of the Government of the Russian Federation
- 2009–2012: Assistant to Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation
- 2006–2009: Chief Counsellor of the Department of Priority National Projects of the Government of the Russian Federation
- 2004–2006: Held positions as grade I specialist, principal specialist, counsellor, deputy head of state property management, in the Russian Ministry for Economic Development
- Born 21 May 1982. In 2004 he graduated from the Moscow State Law University with honours. Holds a Doctor of Law degree
- Mr Kozlov holds a number of government awards